Surviving Economic and Social Turmoil in the 21st Century
Biblical Principles for Victorious Living
In 1 Timothy 6:6, the Apostle Paul writes, “But godliness with contentment is great gain.” What is godly contentment? How can we achieve it in a world that seems to be falling apart?
In Godly Contentment: Kingdom Living in an Age of Economic and Social Uncertainty, Dr. Doug Erlandson provides biblically-based answers to these questions. The key to godly contentment is knowing that God has placed his people here as trusted stewards whose work is to establish his reign on earth.
Here’s a Preview of What’s in the Book
- Economic and social turmoil in the next 20 to 40 years. Trends to watch.
- An antidote for ingratitude and self-centeredness
- A biblical understanding of wealth
- A right perspective on work, retirement and health
- An appreciation of God’s sufficiency for all our needs
˃˃˃ From the Epilogue
“If we truly believe in the promise of eternal life in God’s presence and that all the wealth, health, prestige and power in this world will in no way increase what we will have for all eternity . . . then we will be satisfied that God in His graciousness has promised to take care of whatever needs we have while we are still on earth.”